Sunday, February 12, 2012

How to relearn my golf swing?

I had my second knee surgery almost 8 weeks ago. Today was the first time I have tried to play golf since September 15th because of pain and recovery. My issue is I can't remember how to swing the club anymore. I know what to do in my mind, but my body just isn't working the way I am thinking it should. I am most frustrated because after my ACL surgery the first time I picked a club up and played I shot a 76. What can I do to get back to my old form?How to relearn my golf swing?I have my surgery this Friday and i too enjoy the game of golf. I would recommend taking things in stride, many aspects of the game need to be re-learned: the driving game, chipping, putting etc. Don't expect to go back shooting birdies every hole hah. When trying out your swing take things slow and progress to were you are comfortable. If you cannot learn things back by yourself, it might not be a bad idea to get a trainer or some assistance. i'm sure you'll be surprised how quickly you progress once it all comes back to you. Good Luck!How to relearn my golf swing?I went to a ladies clinic a few months ago. The instructor totally changed my swing. He told me to go out in the back yard, stick a tee in the ground and just practice my new swing slowly until I got use to it. You want to just brush the top of the tee with the club. Just go slow with the swing and say each of the steps to yourself as you practice.



I take a few swings at a tee before I take my first swing at a ball every time I play now.
  • argus
  • d3100
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment