Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I want to start playing golf but I don't know what to do?

Hey I am 15, going to be 16 next month, and I want to play golf. Almost two years ago I played golf for the first time in New Jersey with my uncle and I loved it, but I was too nervous of getting into a league because I'm scared of being embarrased and my whole life I have always been scared of embarrasing myself. Now I want to come out of my comfort zone and start golf, but I'm afraid I am too late of a boomer to become descent. What should I do?I want to start playing golf but I don't know what to do?You are definetley not too late to get good at golf. You can still become an excellent golfer if you put your mind to it and have some talent. (Even without talent if you put in a lot of work).



First thing, if you don't already have a set find a cheap beginners set of clubs. You don't need much, just a few irons, a driver and 3 wood, a wedge and a putter. A sand wedge would be recommended too but you can get by without one for a while if necessary.



The next thing you should do is try to find some local golf junior group lessons at the local courses and country clubs. These group camps over the summer for juniors are usually very cheap and sometimes free. Many times courses have summer camps which consist of a 2 hour lesson once a week with lunch or something as well. Learning in a group session to start will really help you get used to things and meet some people your own age to play with.



I would also recommend getting one on one lessons if the money is available from a local PGA Professional. He can guide you with equipment questions, technical issues, rules, etc.



Try to find people your own age to learn the game with. Family members, classmates, or friends. It always helps to have people there.



If you find a league or something to play on just remember a couple of things.



1. It doesn't really matter how well you play, you are out there to have fun. Just make sure you are aware of the rules of the game. You can go to www.usga.org to find the rules of the game or talk to an experienced player.



2. Know the course etiquitte. Much of this is learned through experience, so let people know when you start that you are a beginner and they will be more than happy to let you know what is expected. Its really just common sense stuff, you should pick up on it quickly.



Hope this helps, and remember... just get out there and have fun. It really is a wonderful game you will play for the rest of your life!I want to start playing golf but I don't know what to do?
You are never to late to play golf. I'm 14 years old. I really only started to play golf competitively a year ago. My first tournament i shot and 80. There's nothing to be worried about just play the best you can and do not care what other people say. You should join a league that is the only way to know how much you need to work at.I want to start playing golf but I don't know what to do?Billy,



You can start golf at any age and play your whole life.



This page has great free golf instruction with hundreds of free how-to instructional videos:



http://www.thisishowyoudoit.com/category鈥?/a>



They definitely have videos to get you started.



Hope this helps. Cheers,

Richard
I am a beginner myself, and do get embarrassed too, even when I am playing with friends. I wasn't sure what I would do until I read this article, and it really helped me with my golf game and I felt a lot more confident with what I was doing. My golf game also got a lot better and I can actually beat some of my friends now. Just check out the source/link below.I want to start playing golf but I don't know what to do?never be embarrased,everyone has the first time.You can take the golf course at first,then practice.That would be better,Practice makes perfect and it is never too late to learn.or you can purchase one set of begginer sets to practice at first.Just trust yourself.Good Luck!I want to start playing golf but I don't know what to do?
Quit procrastinating jump in with both feet start playing and practicing. Everyone hits it in the trees sometimes even the pros. Get yourself some nice equipment and some nice golf attire some new golf balls and some tees and a golf glove and THEN GRIP IT AND RIP IT.
for starters don't invest too much money in buying new golf balls. I found a nice site www.knetgolf.com that sells used Mint quality golf balls for the half the price of new ones. This has saved me a lot of money and my wallet is thanking me.I want to start playing golf but I don't know what to do?
I totally agree with Caddyshack. There is no advise better than from someone with experience. But, the most important thing to remember is that golf is supposed to be FUN.
It is definitely NOT too late for you to start. I love playing golf and I was a late bloomer. To start you might want to try to get a lesson to get a feel for it again. Hope you do great!!!!
no way man find a 9 hole course near you and play as much as you can until you feel comfortable.
get some golf lessons from your local pro and go to a driving range often and you will become a good golfer
  • the game of life online
  • translator french to english
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment