Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What does my golf handicap need to be?

I live in Australia and really want to go to college in America, however because it is very expensive a lot of people have suggested trying to get a golf scholarship to a college as I'm still young and have a lot of time to practice more. What would a girl's handicap have to be to get into a college over there? Any suggestions on good colleges? I was also thinking of going somewhere I would be able to study Public Relations/Journalism etc.



Thanks for your help :)What does my golf handicap need to be?If you can shoot under 80 you can get a scholarship to many colleges in the US. You won't get offers from top colleges but you will get offers from smaller schools. Don't worry though, they still provide a good quality education and any scholarship you get will help defray the costs. If you want a scholarship from a larger school you will pretty much have to be a scratch golfer.



Several years ago I was offered a $4,000.00 golf scholarship to attend a small private university. I didn't accept because that was only about 25% of the cost. My USGA handicap at that time was a 4.



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment