Thursday, January 26, 2012

I want to build a moving shark fin for a miniature golf pond. Does anyone know how?

I want to make a fake shark fin that circles slowly through a miniature golf pond. It would have to be on some type of motor and track I would assume. I'm sure I can make the fin, but I need help getting it to move.I want to build a moving shark fin for a miniature golf pond. Does anyone know how?Is that a serious question? I have better things to do than waste my time reading your dumb questions. I'll never get those 15 minutes of my life back.I want to build a moving shark fin for a miniature golf pond. Does anyone know how?Wow ontonyx, why are you even on Yahoo! Answers, you clearly have no idea what the purpose of it is, to help people. It's always ironic when I see someone putting down someone else, it simply makes them look twice as worse as whatever their rude comment was.



Anyways, I think the shark fin idea is pretty neat and it's pretty appropriate for miniature golf. I think I might have an idea that might work. First you should make the fin very light, probably shaped and painted hollow foam, shape it so that it's curved to the right or left based on whether you'd like it to go in a clockwise or counter-clockwise circle.



Then, get perhaps a water pump or an electric motor, definitely not gas powered as it will need to go for hours. Then attach it to some sort of inflatable that you can stuff in the base of the fin. Anchor it with a string to the middle of the bottom of the pond, so that when you turn on the motor the string will keep it in a controlled circle.



Obviously there will be trial and error with weighting and getting it to work right. I'd make backup fins though because once you get it working you probably won't be able to avoid kids messing with it and inevitably breaking it, don't get too mad though, if it's fun enough kids won't be able to help, but mess with it.



Good Luck!



Thanks, TheWriter
  • nada boats
  • north carolina dmv
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment