Thursday, January 26, 2012

Is there a golf training aid that can improve keeping a right-hand players left-hand straight?

This is my first year playing golf and I don't want to develop bad habits. I am a 25 handicap and I just learned how to pitch a ball although I can't yet control it's distance. Anyways, I can drive the ball 275 yards 6 times out of 18, so the potential is there at times. However, almost everyone I play w/ tells me that I am bending my left hand too much. Does anyone know of an aid or trick that can help me w/ this? Will lessons be useful or is it all mental? Thanks for your time and assistance!Is there a golf training aid that can improve keeping a right-hand players left-hand straight?If I read your question correctly you want to keep your left hand, not arm straight. For that there are some trainers that can help you. I was recently at Golf Galaxy and saw a glove that does help keep your left hand straight. It will feel odd at first but will help your swing great amounts.Is there a golf training aid that can improve keeping a right-hand players left-hand straight?Dude, it nearly impossible for anyone in this forum to answer that question intelligently without having the benefit of looking at your swing. My suggestion is to go see a golf professional and have your swing videotaped and analyzed.Is there a golf training aid that can improve keeping a right-hand players left-hand straight?yes, lessons definitely help, IF it's from a reliable teaching pro.



here's a drill that maybe can help. while practicing on the range, take one of your headcovers or a towel or something and put it under your left underarm. then swing trying to keep your arm close to your body so the headcover doesn't fall down.Is there a golf training aid that can improve keeping a right-hand players left-hand straight?
Get a golf lesson. It could be that your right arm is going too far or closing (forearm and bicep coming together) and as a result that bends your left arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment