Monday, January 30, 2012

How do I wire a 12 volt light to a 12 volt golf cart without burning anything out?

I just want to add a light to my golf cart but I'm afraid I might damage something. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How do I wire a 12 volt light to a 12 volt golf cart without burning anything out?run hot wire from battery to switch, run wire from switch to light. ground light to frame.How do I wire a 12 volt light to a 12 volt golf cart without burning anything out?The previous answer is correct if you have a gas golf cart that uses a single 12 volt battery, if you have an electric golf that uses multiple 12 volt batteries to create a 36 volt or 48 volt configuration, then its totally different. Assuming you have a gas cart with one battery, installing the switch and the light will probably take more time than running the wires to operate the light. Make sure you put in a fuse. When you buy the switch for your light, it will most likely have a simple wiring diagram on the package to make it easy. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment