Thursday, January 26, 2012

How much can i lower my MK4 golf without buying new coilovers?

I have a Golf MK4 1.4S with 18" BBS RC alloys. how much would i be able to lower the car without changing coilovers? would i need to change anything else if i only used springs?



Thanks for the help.How much can i lower my MK4 golf without buying new coilovers?By coilovers I assume you mean struts and shocks, since the question doesn't make sense if you already have coilovers.



The general rule of thumb with newer VWs is that you can lower them about 1" without causing excessive wear on the stock struts and shocks. If you use springs that lower the car 1.5", 2" or more, you're going to be replacing your struts and shocks in several thousand miles most likely.



I would recommend replacing the front upper strut mounts and bearings while you are installing the springs, as the parts are cheap and unless you just did them recently, they probably need to be replaced anyways. Other than that nothing else is needed.How much can i lower my MK4 golf without buying new coilovers?if u know how to u can actually cut ur spring but it wont be a smooth ride

No comments:

Post a Comment