Monday, January 23, 2012

Can I have a business sponsor me in summer golf tournaments?

I'm 18 and compete in summer golf tournaments in the area with guys ages 16-18. I still have my amateur status and want to keep it. A local business that i have connections with said they would pay my entry fees if i wear polos and caps with their logos on them (that they will pay for), but i don't know if this is allowed. Can i do this while retaining my amateur status?Can I have a business sponsor me in summer golf tournaments?I don't know what the rule is for non-equipment sponsors, but I'm pretty sure that for equipment sponsors they can give you free equipment, but you can't be paid for using the equipment.



You probably want to check with your provincial/state golf association or the RGCA/USGA to see if you can have your entry fees paid by a sponsor and they make your wear their logo.Can I have a business sponsor me in summer golf tournaments?Golf is a game of honor %26amp; integrity, the real answer is NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment