Thursday, January 26, 2012

How do I change the oil sump on a MK3 VW Golf?

I've cracked the sump on my 1994 MK3 Golf 1.4. Is it a just a case of draining the engine oil, unscrewing the old sump and putting the new one on, or is it more complicated? How do I change the oil sump on a MK3 VW Golf?no gasket on a sump on a vw golf i am afraid its special sump sealant available at your local main agentsHow do I change the oil sump on a MK3 VW Golf?there is a sump gasket on pre 1995 1.4 golfs, about a tenner from your local motorshop, post 1995 they dont have gaskets, i know this a i have a 1.4 golf and have just changed the gasket :)

Report Abuse

How do I change the oil sump on a MK3 VW Golf?You have got it in 1. If you can be bothered use an engine flush before changing the sump it will make the job and engine a lot cleaner. Don't forget to use a new gasket and clean the old one off the engine block.How do I change the oil sump on a MK3 VW Golf?
Depending on the engine size, you may have to remove the exhaust front pipe before unbolting the old sump. be sure to fit a new gasket with the new sump, and make sure that the sump plug is tight on the new sump as sometimes they are supplied loose.

Happy motoring!

No comments:

Post a Comment