Monday, January 23, 2012

Is being a Caddy a a local golf club a good summer job?

I want to caddy at a golf club near to my house I will soon be 16 years old. I want a job out in the sun I don't mind the summer heat, and that has good pay and tips. How do you get a job caddying at a golf club?Is being a Caddy a a local golf club a good summer job?That's the job I'm interested in for this summer. I'm 15 and theres a country club I'd like to work at. Personally, I think being out in the fresh air, walking, building muscles and becoming more golf knowledgeable would help anyone's game.



I know some courses have a Caddy Program where they pay and it adds experience for possible Caddy Scholarships. It varies from state to state though. You mostly get paid through tips, it depends where you work. Before becoming a caddy you go through some (few weeks of) training. Older or more exclusive (private) courses usually use caddies, ask your Pro about it. Yay for caddies, it would be a great thing for the courses! Best wishes!Is being a Caddy a a local golf club a good summer job?
Dont caddy if your sixteen, unless you can get a job at a really nice private course. Otherwise work somewhere with a much better pay.Is being a Caddy a a local golf club a good summer job?I don't know the expectation for the caddies at the club you refer to, but if it's a private club it's not about being out in the sun. You'd better love golf and be knowledgeable about the game. Also, if you want to make money you'll need to understand the importance of customer service. Unless there's more interest in golf than your question would indicate... you should pass.Is being a Caddy a a local golf club a good summer job?
It is a good job if you like golf and know the course. But if you don't fall into both catagories, no caddying. I'd be pissed if i paid for a caddie that didn't know distances or green slopesIs being a Caddy a a local golf club a good summer job?I did it. I was a caddy back in the 60s. There aren't too many jobs for high school students especially if you don't have any skills. I enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the 9th hole, they had a hot dog stand and the golfer always paid...Have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment