Thursday, January 26, 2012

What is a good set of golf clubs for a beginner?

I have been playing golf on and off for about a year now. I've enjoyed it and want to get more serious about it. Every time I go golfing I have to borrow someone elses clubs and this is starting to bother me. What is a good set of clubs that is somewhat affordable (I don't want anything ridiculous).What is a good set of golf clubs for a beginner?I don't know, you should probably ask someone who knows about golf.What is a good set of golf clubs for a beginner?
This is the good one for beginner

http://astore.amazon.com/nikegolfballs-2鈥?/a>What is a good set of golf clubs for a beginner?There are a number of companies making affordable, quality clubs. I would recommend taking a look at MD-Golf or Benross, both have recently won awards for their products, and they use good quality components (including the same high-performance shafts as the 'big' brands) but will not cost as much.

Also, check out clearance stuff from the bigger names. Wilson Staff seem to get discounted a lot, as do Yonex.What is a good set of golf clubs for a beginner?
1/ check out auction houses in your city.

2/ some of the golf courses have 2nd hand irons

3/ Garage sales

4/ 2nd hand shops

5/ For Sale section of the newspaper



If you're lucky, you can set yourself up for less than $70What is a good set of golf clubs for a beginner?I've worked with a lot of beginners and I can tell you i generally disagree with most of the advice they're given on clubs. They may be right, just not my point of view.



I think you should go ahead and get nice clubs, fitted for your size and body shape. Go to a GolfSmith or other big golf store and they can do this. I'd ask for stiff or extra-stiff shafts, which have a lot more to do with your game than the clubhead.



Most people say beginners should get cheap clubs or clubs bought on e-bay or something - but if you know you really like the game, this means after a year you'll hate your cheap clubs and want some nice ones, meaning you wasted money on the cheap ones. You'll wonder why your games sucks and tend to blame the Wal-Mart clubs, when in fact, it is probably your game that needs help.



The caveat is don't spend $300-$500 on a driver (yet, if at all). Those, IMHO, are a rip-off and may be 1% better, if that. The fact is, you can learn to hit about any club that is sized appropriately for you. I can hit my $100 Orlimar driver a lot further than some these guys with $300 Nike drivers, because the fact is, the driver doesn't swing itself. I'd rather play another 5-10 rounds of golf instead of give it to a club maker!What is a good set of golf clubs for a beginner?
If you want a set of golf clubs that includes all the clubs and bag Ram and Dunlop make some decent clubs. If you want individual clubs you could buy used clubs at places like globalgolf.com, tgw.com, or golfsmith.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment