Monday, January 23, 2012

What do I look for in a good set of golf clubs?

I want to start playing golf and have used very old hand me down clubs before. How can I tell a good second hand set ?What do I look for in a good set of golf clubs?Yeah, you are so clever to buy a good second hand set. you save money.

In my opinion, i think you should try some local golf shop to tryout. and the boss will tell you about it. And you can go into some golf clubs to understand the set which you want to know.What do I look for in a good set of golf clubs?
My advise would be to play for a year or two with inexpensive clubs and you don't need a full set. Start with just the odd irons, 3, 5, 7, and 9, leave the driver alone and use a 3 wood off the tea. After playing a year or two with these clubs you should then talk to a pro about fitting you with a good set of matched clubs. Using a full set will leave you wondering all the time which club should I be hitting. Just enjoy the game and start easy. I know people who have spent over $1000 for clubs that they don't use anymore. What do I look for in a good set of golf clubs?look for good quality, often those sets that are sold as nearly new are probably bought from a cheapo shop as a set and will not be worth buying. ask your local golf club professional what clubs would be suitable for the course you play. Then buy the best you can afford. As with workshop tools I always buy a reasonably priced tool and if I use it a lot and it breaks I buy the best I can afford, It is the same with clubs.
Since you are a beginner, you could buy a wide variety of clubs. My advice would be to stick with something name brand (i.e. taylor made, callaway, cobra, titleist, ping). Most golf stores have a wide variety of used sets. For your irons, you should probably choose a 5 thru PW set with graphite shafts that are regular flex. You can tell the store attendant you are a beginner and want something forgiving. For a driver, just stick with a name brand with a loft between 10 and 11 degrees, with a big head (460 cc). For a putter, just find something you like, it is all just personal preference. As far as the quality of the clubs go, irons will be the most beat up, so check for big dings in the club faces. Also check the grips. Most used sets will probably have to have new grips installed. If the grips are at all slippery, get them changed. You might also check some clearance items on websites like edwinwatts.com , golfsmith.com , rockbottomgolf.com , or tgw.com. These sites run deals all the time and you might be able to pick up some new clubs for the same price as used ones.What do I look for in a good set of golf clubs? Richard I`m with Ronald. Go Kay Mart or Play it a again. Don`t pay to much for the clubs till you get hook on the game. Some people never get really good at the game they just love to play. If don`t want to be Tiger Woods you fine you will enjoy the golf much better. I been playing a lot of years and it`s great.What do I look for in a good set of golf clubs?
the best golf clubs are the one's that suit YOU, although the pro's will give advice some will sell you what they want to get rid of, so if possible see a few, and make your own mind up, but your the one buying them and using them.
A set of clubs is different for everyone. You have different firmness of shafts, cavity backs or solid. You just need to go to a golf shop and talk to a pro. Tell them what you're thinking and then they should walk you through the rest. Good luck with that.What do I look for in a good set of golf clubs?
Without getting too technical on you just basically check that the shafts aren't bent or dented the clubheads aren't dented and dinged up badly and the irons aren't rusty. If the grips aren't in great shape that's ok because you may want to replace them anyway.
THE NIKE SLINGSHOT IRONS ARE GOOD
make sure the irons have not got leads and plugs

No comments:

Post a Comment